Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Week one tea report

TEA!

So far I've done 4 tea related things:

1) 2 boba places

2) 1 afternoon tea

3) 1 tea shop

Details:

1) Boba shop 1 was a chain called One Zo. I got a passionfruit and grapefruit green tea with boba. Solid. Would go back.

 Boba shop 2 was called Munchies Bubble Tea Cafe. Super cute in there, but I ordered a watermelon fruit tea with boba and it was just too sweet. Boo. But, still refreshing. Will not return.

2) Afternoon tea at The Ivy, Chelsea. Solid afternoon tea in a super charming setting with jungle birds/animal pics on the walls and lots of greenery and a cool looking patio space. Sandwiches were really good as were the scones. The fail for me were the desserts. All too sweet. Didn't finish any of them. I had earl grey tea and it was fine. Val enjoyed their afternoon tea blend. Overall a B+ and not bad for a first tea in London this time. :) 









3) Tea store. I needed tea to make morning tea! Mei Leaf is a Chinese tea store that was near-ish the British Library so we stopped in to get some on our way home. I picked up the Empress and the Earl and am enjoying it so far. Lots of teas to choose from. Mostly straight tea and not blended with anything, which is less my thing. But, the teas all look great and they all had charts describing their flavor profiles. And there is a bar where you can order flights of tea to try in store. Maybe next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment