Sunday, September 3, 2023

Week two tea report

 So much tea since last time I posted.

Tea shops visited: 

Bird and Blend

This was a fun little find near Borough Market. Super cute store. I bought a sampler pack where I got to pick 4 flavors. ALSO picked up a tea infuser so I could make a proper cup of tea. :) Have enjoyed all four of them...love potion may be my favorite of this group.




Whittards

Went here last time as well, so nothing too new here. Went to the Covent Garden store that had two levels. LOTS of teas to sample. Love. Picked up a discounted tea and it's solid. Definitely might go back for some of the flavors I tasted. 




Tea2You

This is the tea store inside Borough Market. Lots of teas to choose from. I went with a Masala Chai. Had some this morning. Delightful. 




Afternoon teas:

Boulevard Brasserie 

This is the tea I did w/ Michael's mom. We also did bottomless prosecco. Overall, I'd rate this place pretty highly. Sandwiches were good (but needed a bit more filling for the bread to filling ratio to be right), scones and cream/jam were solid, and the desserts were good--not too sweet and all tasty. Had some earl grey tea that was fine. The staff was super friendly and we had a great little corner table overlooking Covent Garden area. FUN!




London Bridge Hotel 

This is the tea we did with students. We had a private room, so if you went here to do tea you'd likely be in a different space. The sandwiches were pretty good...but no cucumber sandwich means it loses some points for me. Scones were good and they did one plain and one w/ sultanas so I appreciated that. Sweets were hit or miss AND in sharing a tower they weren't evenly split. So we had to do some sharing and/or make decisions on who got what. Also had early grey here and it was solid. 



Boba:

The Alley

Only one boba since last time I wrote. This place is right near the IES center. Got something that had orange segments in it along with the boba. Mistake. :/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment