Saturday, October 18, 2014

Only 50 or so more days in London!

Yikes! When I look at how much time I have left IN London, it's not many days. Between our Scotland trip next week and my conference in India, it's definitely under 50 days. So much more to do! Here's my list, so I can keep track of things I still need to do:

Museums (in order of importance...and yes there are a lot of these, but I've saved them for the cold weather):

V&A
Tate Modern
National Gallery
Courtauld Gallery
National History Museum
National Portrait Gallery
British Museum


Other stuff in/near London:

Horse races
Three more tea shops
Two more afternoon teas
Two more markets (Broadway and Portobello Road)
Day of shopping/music suggested by Scherry
See musical Once w/ Ronan Keating
Windsor Castle (going w/ the students, but still on the list)
Legoland? Or another amusement park.
Richmond Park
Harrod's (for a couple of souvenirs)
Hamley's Toy Store
Morning rave (scheduled)
Houses of Parliament tour?
London Eye?
Cable Car
Game show taping
Eat Bangers and Mash and sticky toffee pudding

Runs to do:

Richmond Park
Greenwich
Hampstead Heath
All the main bridges on the Thames
Use the track at Regent's Park
Olympic Park

Side trips:

Bath (to do the spa) and Cardiff (to see Wales)
York (if I have time)

It seems like a lot, so when I get back to London, I'm taking out my diary (aka planner) and penciling all this stuff in! Good thing I've spent the week doing NOTHING. I'll be rested and ready to go! A report to come on my Fall Break vacay.




2 comments:

  1. That's a long list! Wish we could have fit in the London Eye. I didn't know you could tour the Parliament. That would have been neat to see inside! If you didn't have anything else to do, I'd have you do some genealogy research in London! Oh well-I know there are too many exciting things left on that list! Those last days will really go fast! Enjoy and soak up the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Alison. It's 4:15 a.m. my time, been awake since 2:00 a.m., finally got out of bed at 3 a.m. since I couldn't get back to sleep after taking 2 Excedrin (yes, I know, it's the caffeine, but at least my headache is gone). Thought I'd check in and see what's going on with you. Gee, are you sure we're going to be able to do all on your list in 50 days in addition to a trip to India and Scotland?? And I thought I was having a busy week, nothing compared to your daily adventures. I see you've posted info and pics from your Turkey vacation. I need to check it out! (Speaking of lists, a nap is on my list for later today. Your dad is coming over this morning to help move the heavy furniture out of our guest bedroom and will help Al pull up the carpet and padding and lay down barrier material in preparation for oak hardwood flooring. We just finished laying oak hardwood in the office, now getting started on guest bedroom.)

    ReplyDelete