Saturday, November 22, 2014

Reflections: Home

As we near the end of all this excitement, I have a few reflective posts to write. These are less about what I'm doing day-to-day, and more about thoughts on various overall experiences. Today's post is about home. I'm really starting to miss home. So, here are two lists that I will continue to edit as I think of things:

Why I'll miss London

Public Transport!
There's always something to do!
Markets
Royal Parks
Amazing places to run
It's London.
Easy side trips to cool places
Easy access to sweet art museums.
Tea. Yummy tea.
ITV studio tapings in my neighborhood
Bubble tea within walking distance
TimeOut
My schedule here (2 classes, 32 students total, no meetings)
Ciders. So many cider flavors.



Why I'm stoked to be back in Texas

Reese, my cat
Driving my car to the grocery store...in the rain. 
Hanging out with friends...and having lots of them.
My house...with my things.
My clothes! It'll be like Christmas. So many choices.
Dryer sheets
Kohl's
Being in the same time zone as friends/family
Less cigarette smoking
Less people everywhere
Cheap stuff
Less rain. Less cold. More daylight.
Redbox
Watching my DVR live and not through the internet (which makes it crazy slow some times).
Having an office at work
Being 5 minutes from my office and/or 5 minutes from home when I forget stuff
People to run with

2 comments:

  1. This has been an exciting adventure so far - but I also know you will be so happy to be home! Keep us posted on your last few adventures!! We'll miss you this week for Thanksgiving - but know you will enjoy the day with everyone there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those things you'll miss can't compare to being back in the good old USA! BUT, you have a great experience, one which you will always cherish. Of all the things you'll miss, you didn't mention Pete. Maybe Pete isn't in the picture yet when you wrote this. I'm just now trying to get caught up. Have really missed not being a part of your journey since mother fell. :(

    ReplyDelete