Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The students are coming! The students are coming!

Today, the students are arriving/have arrived! Crazy! We'll see them tomorrow morning for some of their first orientation sessions. Exciting!

But, this means my time for class prep is ticking away. I was a busy bee Monday and Tuesday and barely left the house (Monday-to take Jodi to the tube stop and Tuesday-to pick up dinner at the grocery store on the corner). Today, I did a bit of work in the AM and decided to go for a walk to test out my foot.

I took the bus out to this little pop-up shop called The Cornershop. It's an art installation that is only here for one month. This lady sewed/knitted/crafted all the items you'd find in a regular corner store and then put them on display! Cigarettes, gum, candy, kitty litter, tampons, newspapers...you name it and she has a felt version of it in the store! Super fun. And you can even buy stuff. :) Super cool.








Then, I took a stroll down Old Street. A new part of town for me. Found a great Vietnamese kitchen and had a yummy pork banh mi sandwich for lunch. Then, I continued my walk home and planned on stopping at the Modern Pantry for some scones to take home. Well, it turns out you can only get the scones in the restaurant with tea. Blah. No thanks, so I kept walking. But, on my walk I found To a Tea. Yes! Got a cup of sparkling fruit tea and two scones (one raisin, one plain) and made my own afternoon tea at home while I worked. Boom! The tea was delicious!



Pics of the students and our fun orientation activities to come soon!


2 comments:

  1. Glad to got to go see the Cornershop. Joyce had posted a photo of it on Facebook and asked me if you had seen it. Looked kind of fun! I'll let her know you went there. Hope you get all your work done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cornershop is really different. I can't tell by the pictures what's real and what's not. Hope your left foot is getting better. The students are coming! The students are coming! Paul Revere via Dr. Marr. :)

    ReplyDelete